Four families will enjoy an action-packed day at Newmarket Racecourse ‘Summer Saturday’ event of their choice
- Credit: Archant
Newmarket Racecourses has revealed its annual summer programme of free action-packed activities for children this year.
No fewer than seven different themed horse racing days on Saturdays have been created to keep the children happy on the July Course over the summer months.
Archant Newspapers have saddled up with the racecourse to offer readers the chance to win a family ticket.
The competition winners can choose from the seven ‘Summer Saturdays’ which brimming with free entertainment. The full schedule is:
• June 21 – A Right Royal Newmarket Day, with a military marching band and royal guards on stilts.
You may also want to watch:
• June 28 – Armed Forces Day, with a vintage military trio.
• July 19 – Caribbean Party Day, with a surf simulator, crazy golf, inflatable volleyball, coconut shy, tropical fun run, steel band and limbo dancer.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
• July 26 – Family Day, with appearances by Peppa Pig and Tree Fu Tom.
• August 2 – Mexican Barbecue Day, with a Mexican band, horse simulator and tin-can alley.
• August 9 – Royal British Legion Poppy Day.
• August 16 – Best of British Sports Day, with crazy golf, golf chipper challenge, human football table, penalty and rugby shoot-out, tug of war, back to school workshop and multi-sports inflatable.
On all Summer Saturdays in the Family Enclosure there are a range of children’s activities including a bouncy castle, slide, soft play area, Lego bricks and a face painter.
Tickets can also be ordered on the hotline 0844 579 3010 or online at www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk
• Four readers will win a family ticket (two adults and accompanied children) in our competition. To stand a chance of winning, answer this question:
When does the Royal British Legion Poppy Day take place at Newmarket Racecourse?
To enter, e-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org – mark your entry Newmarket Summer Saturdays Competition and make sure you include your name, address and daytime contact number.
Closing date for entries is Friday, June 20. The winners will be the first four answers drawn from all the correct entries.
Archant competition rules apply.