Four-hundred cannabis plants seized in raid
FOUR hundred cannabis plants have been seized in a raid on property in the Fens. Police say they visited an address in Low Cross, Whittlesey, on Saturday and located a cannabis factory.Around 400 mature plants were recovered.Detective Inspector Craig H
FOUR hundred cannabis plants have been seized in a raid on property in the Fens.
Police say they visited an address in Low Cross, Whittlesey, on Saturday and located a cannabis factory.
Around 400 mature plants were recovered.
Detective Inspector Craig Harrison said: "The potential yield of the plants is estimated at approximately £150,000 to £200,000.
You may also want to watch:
"We have been proactive in targeting those behind the manufacture and dealing of drugs.
"Thanks to the support of the public we have been able to frustrate the manufacture and supply of a large quantity of controlled drugs which will have a huge financial impact on those involved in the cultivation process.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
"We take any information provided to us by members of the public extremely seriously and where appropriate we will act on it.
"If anyone has any information concerning drugs, or has concerns about suspicious behaviour in their area, please contact police on 0845 456 456 4."
No one has been arrested yet in connection with the discovery.