Four men charged with robbery following clothes snatch in layby
- Credit: Archant
FOUR men have been charged with robbery after allegedly stealing clothes they arranged to buy through the website Gumtree.
Nickie Davies, 29, of Elm Road, Wisbech; Michael Mann, 24, of Front Road, Murrow; Shaun Langley, 28, of Poppyfields, West Lynn; and Ricky Green, 30, of Sefton Avenue, Wisbech, appeared before Great Yarmouth magistrates today.
They will attend a plea and direction hearing at King’s Lynn Crown Court on August 21.
A man had advertised tracksuits for sale on the free classifieds advert site Gumtree, and agreed a sale and to exchange the goods in a layby in Fleggburgh, near Great Yarmouth, on Monday night.
When he arrived at the location to meet the buyer, he was threatened and robbed of the clothing and his vehicle was damaged.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk police said they stopped a car nearby and four arrests were made.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’