Four men stopped by police in March are dispersed from Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
Four men with five dogs were detained by rural police on Meadowland Retail Park in March.
The group were prosecuted for various offences yesterday (January 16) and dispersed from the county.
Their 4X4 vehicle was pictured on Policing Fenland Facebook along with the dogs that were put in the back of the police van.
It came as part of Operation Galileo, which sees police across Cambridgeshire disrupt illegal poaching such as hare coursing.
Polcing Fenland posted: "This vehicle was located by RCAT @CambsRuralCops today in March but it swiftly decamped.
You may also want to watch:
"Four males detained and prosecuted for various offences and dispersed from the county."
Meanwhile, later in the day in Friday Bridge, two men were reported for hare coursing and their vehicle seized.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
"It was the second hit of the day for RCAT in Friday Bridge too. Part of RCAT's Operation Galileo," the police post continued.