Four new faces - including a motor vehicle technician from Emneth and a football fan from Whittlesey - join on-call firefighting ranks
- Credit: Archant
Four new faces including a motor vehicle technician from Emneth and a football fan from Whittlesey are among the latest recruits to the county’s on-call fire fighting team.
The local recruits passed out this month following a three-month training course, serving their communities around their work and home life.
Simon Frampton, 44, of Emneth, will join the on-call crew at Wisbech. He will fit fire fighting around his job as a motor vehicle technician.
Football enthusiast Dean Johnson, 23, joins Whittlesey fire station and HGV driver James Parish, 31, is a new addition at Huntingdon Fire Station.
Cambridgeshire’s only volunteer station, Peterborough Volunteer Fire Brigade, also welcomes
You may also want to watch:
Nathan Glover, 26, a claims handler, will join the Peterborough Volunteer Fire Brigade.
Group Commander Gary Mitchley said: “Being an on-call firefighter is a challenging yet rewarding opportunity and we wish this group of new recruits the very best as they start their journeys here in Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
“Training is tough and these individuals have shown dedication not just to the fire service but to themselves and their communities.
“Our emergency service relies on the commitment and continued support of on-call firefighters and their families and we would like to thank every one of them who continues to give up hours of their time to serve the community.”
On-call firefighters have to be aged 18 and over, have a good level of all-round fitness and live or work within five minutes travelling time of an on-call fire station.
CFRS is recruiting on-call firefighters: to find out more call 01480 444500 or visit www.cambsfire.gov.uk