Fourth arrest on suspicion of murder after man found dead in March with ‘significant head trauma’
- Credit: Archant
Four arrests on suspicion of murder have now been made following the discovery of a man found dead with “significant head trauma” at a house in Creek Road, March.
News that a fourth man had been arrested in connection with the death came in a brief statement today from Cambridgeshire police.
A police spokesman said: “A post mortem examination found the man had significant head trauma, however, the cause of death remains unexplained.
“Further forensic tests will now be carried out.”
The man arrested today is aged 38 and from March and has been arrested on suspicion of murder; he is in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station in Peterborough.
Three people, two men aged 35 and 53, and a woman aged 42, who were arrested on suspicion of murder, have been released under investigation.
Those living in the £60 a week rented rooms at the house in multiple occupation (HM) were moved out shortly after the body was discovered on Wednesday evening.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 9 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
One tenant, whose transfer to a hotel was organised by police, explained how he returned home to find police on his doorstep and someone saying “there’s another one dead”.
He said: “I was out enjoying my day off yesterday when I came back at 9pm I couldn’t even park my car in the street because of all the police.
“Someone said ‘there’s another one dead’ because we had someone else die there in December 2016 in the same house. He was in his 40s too and was drinking until he passed out.
“I believe the man who died on Wednesday was working through an agency and maybe they have periods that are not as busy, so he was off work.
“I am not sure if the man was Lithuanian or Latvian but he did not speak English.”
Police swooped on the street last Wednesday and Thursday, as neighbours said earlier how “problems” had occurred at the property recently.
The tenant said: “The day before there was a lot of drinking and people getting drunk.
“I have been living there for 18 months. It’s the cheapest rooms in March at £60 all inclusive a week.
“But most of the time the residents are just drinking. Five people officially live there but there can be up to seven or eight so I’ve complained to the landlord. He is a postman.
“The police have now put me up in the hotel for a few days and I haven’t even been allowed to go back and get any clothes yet.”