Fox Narrowboats fundraising gives EACH a Christmas boost of over £2,000
- Credit: Archant
Thanks to Fox Narrowboats’ fundraising, the staff were able to donate £2,126.25 to East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices Cambridgeshire.
The money was raised by running skippered boat trips at the March town St Georges Fayre, holding a book stall in the office throughout the year and finishing with a Christmas tombola.
Tracey Baxter, Fox Narrowboats’ finance director, said: “I am delighted with the amount raised for EACH this year.
“I would like to thank all of our customers and supporters that have enabled us to raise such a large amount of money.”
Karen Newton, EACH Cambridgeshire fundraising manager, added: “We’re delighted to have the support of Fox Boats and are incredibly impressed with the generous sum.
“These funds will ensure we can provide vital care and support to local life-threatened children, young people and their families.”
In 2016 Fox Narrowboats will be partnering with MAGPAS Helimedix. One of the first events for the charity will again be the popular boat trips at the St Georges Fayre.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 9 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim