Fox Narrowboats fundraising gives EACH a Christmas boost of over £2,000
- Credit: Archant
Thanks to Fox Narrowboats’ fundraising, the staff were able to donate £2,126.25 to East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices Cambridgeshire.
The money was raised by running skippered boat trips at the March town St Georges Fayre, holding a book stall in the office throughout the year and finishing with a Christmas tombola.
Tracey Baxter, Fox Narrowboats’ finance director, said: “I am delighted with the amount raised for EACH this year.
“I would like to thank all of our customers and supporters that have enabled us to raise such a large amount of money.”
Karen Newton, EACH Cambridgeshire fundraising manager, added: “We’re delighted to have the support of Fox Boats and are incredibly impressed with the generous sum.
You may also want to watch:
“These funds will ensure we can provide vital care and support to local life-threatened children, young people and their families.”
In 2016 Fox Narrowboats will be partnering with MAGPAS Helimedix. One of the first events for the charity will again be the popular boat trips at the St Georges Fayre.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 10 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake