Fox Narrowboats fundraising gives EACH a Christmas boost of over £2,000
- Credit: Archant
Thanks to Fox Narrowboats’ fundraising, the staff were able to donate £2,126.25 to East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices Cambridgeshire.
The money was raised by running skippered boat trips at the March town St Georges Fayre, holding a book stall in the office throughout the year and finishing with a Christmas tombola.
Tracey Baxter, Fox Narrowboats’ finance director, said: “I am delighted with the amount raised for EACH this year.
“I would like to thank all of our customers and supporters that have enabled us to raise such a large amount of money.”
Karen Newton, EACH Cambridgeshire fundraising manager, added: “We’re delighted to have the support of Fox Boats and are incredibly impressed with the generous sum.
You may also want to watch:
“These funds will ensure we can provide vital care and support to local life-threatened children, young people and their families.”
In 2016 Fox Narrowboats will be partnering with MAGPAS Helimedix. One of the first events for the charity will again be the popular boat trips at the St Georges Fayre.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital