Fox Narrowboats of March stage their latest charity event bringing the total raised so far in 2014 to £723.
- Credit: Archant
Fox Narrowboats of March staged their latest charity event bringing the total raised so far in 2014 to £723.
Thirty two people supported their charity boat trips on Saturday. This year the company is raising funds for The British Heart Foundation.
The trips ran from the marina to the west of March through the town and past the March Festival then heading out towards the Twenty Foot before turning and travelling back to the marina. The hour and a half long trips ran from 10am throughout the day and raised £320.
This makes the total raised so far this year by the company £723. This has been raised through book sales, trips at the St George’s Fayre and various staff giving talks about the marina to groups and organisations.
Other activities planned for this year include a sponsored cycle ride around Rutland Water and tombola. The Rutland Water cycle will take place on August 31.
You can sponsor the team by visiting https://www.justgiving.com/CycleRutlandBHF
Fox Narrowboats operate a hire fleet of Narrowboats boats self-skippered for days and up to two week holidays between Easter and the end of September. March is situated at the heart of the Middle Level Navigations with easy access to cruising on the river Nene and Great Ouse.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
This is the second year the company have focused on a charity of the year to support. Suggestions for next year’s charity can be made by emailing email@example.com