Fox Narrowboats of March stage their latest charity event bringing the total raised so far in 2014 to £723.
- Credit: Archant
Fox Narrowboats of March staged their latest charity event bringing the total raised so far in 2014 to £723.
Thirty two people supported their charity boat trips on Saturday. This year the company is raising funds for The British Heart Foundation.
The trips ran from the marina to the west of March through the town and past the March Festival then heading out towards the Twenty Foot before turning and travelling back to the marina. The hour and a half long trips ran from 10am throughout the day and raised £320.
This makes the total raised so far this year by the company £723. This has been raised through book sales, trips at the St George’s Fayre and various staff giving talks about the marina to groups and organisations.
Other activities planned for this year include a sponsored cycle ride around Rutland Water and tombola. The Rutland Water cycle will take place on August 31.
You may also want to watch:
You can sponsor the team by visiting https://www.justgiving.com/CycleRutlandBHF
Fox Narrowboats operate a hire fleet of Narrowboats boats self-skippered for days and up to two week holidays between Easter and the end of September. March is situated at the heart of the Middle Level Navigations with easy access to cruising on the river Nene and Great Ouse.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
This is the second year the company have focused on a charity of the year to support. Suggestions for next year’s charity can be made by emailing email@example.com