Enjoy the fastest way to slow down with free boating at Fox’s Marina in March
- Credit: Archant
People are being encouraged to slow down and think about their well being in a national day that inspires people to enjoy their local waterways.
Fox’s Marina in March is among 17 locations across Britain which is getting involved in National Waterways Day by offering taster sessions for people to try canal boating for free,
The sessions, supported by the Canal and River Trust, will include free short trips on skippered narrowboats, as well as boat tours and holiday discounts.
Gareth Stephens, national boating business manager at the Canal and River Trust, said: “Waterways have the power to make a real difference to people’s lives.
“Spending time by water makes us all healthier and happier and early research is showing evidence of this.
You may also want to watch:
“Thousands of people already enjoy boating holidays on our beautiful 2,000 mile network of inland waterways. These free canal boat taster sessions are a great way to see if this sort of holiday could be for you.”
Nigel Stevens, director of Drifters Waterway Holidays, which helps organise the event, said: “Travelling at 4mph through peaceful countryside, sleepy villages and vibrant waterside towns and cities, canal boat holidays are often described as ‘the fastest way to slow down’.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
• For more information contact Fox’s Narrowboats 01354 652770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Further details about the open day events can be found at www.canalrivertrust.org.uk/trycanalboating.