COMPETITION: Win tickets to see former champion boxer Frank Bruno
- Credit: Archant
Former world heavy weight champion Frank Bruno is coming to Huntingdon in October and we have teamed up with the organisers to offer one lucky reader the chance to win a pair of tickets.
Bruno, an MBE) will be at the Hinchingbrooke Performing Arts Centre in 'An Evening With... event on Saturday, October 19.
The show will be hosted by award-winning former BBC television/radio journalist Paul Stainton and BBC Radio Cambridgshire's Charlie Thompson.
Bruno, who began boxing professionally in 1982, soon began making a name for himself when he achieved 21 consecutive wins by knockout.
During his career he twice faced Mike Tyson in the ring and challenged for a world title, which he finally won on September 2. 1995, after outpointing WBC champion Oliver McCall over 12 rounds.
You may also want to watch:
Bruno did not last long as champion - the contract he signed to get McCall meant he had to face Mike Tyson in his first defence. Tyson beat Bruno on a stoppage in round three and Bruno sustained an severe eye injury and was advised not to fight again to avoid causing any more damage and he retired soon afterwards.
During the show next month he will talk openly about his battles in the ring but also his life outside boxing and the battles he has faced with mental health.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
A stage interview will be followed by a question and answer session.
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets, answer this question.
Who did Frank Bruno beat to win his WBC world title?
Answers should be emailed to: email@example.com and the closing date is Friday, September 14.
Tickets, priced £22.50, are on sale now and available from www.ticketsource.co.uk/fourfiftymedia.