Free bacon rolls on offer when editor opens Skylark cafe extension
A NEW extension to Caf� Skylark - the eaterie at the Skylark Garden Centre in Wimblington - will be formally opened by editor John Elworthy on Good Friday.
And after the caf� is reopened at 10am, the first 50 lucky customers through the door will be treated to a free bacon roll.
The fun of the Easter Open Weekend Extravaganza will continue on Easter Monday when there will be fun for children including a Grand Easter Egg Hunt, face painting and a personal appearance from Peppa Pig.
From Friday to Monday, the garden centre will have many great one-off deals from great brands, which will finish once the doors close on Monday afternoon.
The new design will double the number of customers who can be accommodated, A new extended patio area will be a real sun trap for visitors who love to eat outdoors.
You may also want to watch:
The kitchen has been doubled in size, but continues to be open plan so customers can watch the chefs at work. The added space will enable more artists and photographers to display their work as they already do through a link up with Fenland Arts Association.
Diners will continue enjoy the glorious Fenland landscape set out before them, or have a view into the plant house to give them inspiration for their own gardens.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
Although the space and size of the caf� has changed, Skylark’s approach to customer service and home cooking has not changed, and staff are looking forward to welcoming more people to the Fenland experience.
To keep up to date with details of all the special offers and updates of the caf�’s progress find Skylark on Facebook, Twitter, visit the website or call.
The Fens Adventurers Rural Development Programme part funded the Caf� Skylark expansion.
Programe manager Mike Carter said: “Caf� Skylark has a proven track record of offering good food and value for money as a complement to the garden centre.
“The Local Action Group had been pleased to support the investment with a grant of more than �50,000 to help double the space available for diners and to ensure larger parties visiting the area can be catered for.”
Skylark Country and Garden Centre is open everyday from 9am-6pm, Monday to Saturday; and from 10am-4pm on Sundays. Caf� Skylark will also be open and serving food and refreshments daily from 10am.
• For more information contact Bart Woodbine or Edward Gowler on 01354 741212, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the centre Manea Road, Wimblington, March, Cambridgeshire PE15 0PE. Alternatively, visit www.skylarkgardencentremarch.co.uk
Check out Skylark’s award in the Roadside Gastro Guide at www.europcar.co.uk/EBE/module/render/gastro-guide