Season of free bandstand concerts get underway in March
- Credit: Archant
Fenland’s finest brass and jazz bands are to perform a series of outdoor summer concerts in March’s West End Park.
Summer Sundays, a programme of free concerts organised by Fenland District Council and March Town Council, will take place at March Bandstand every Sunday until the end of August.
There will be seven performances in total, all between 2pm and 4pm. They are free to attend and visitors can bring chairs and a picnic.
Wicken Coronation Band will kick-start the season this Sunday, July 15, followed by the March and District Amateur Operatic Society on July 22.
The music will continue with the City of Peterborough Concert Band on July 29, followed by the Hilgay Silver Band on August 5 and the Manea Silver Band on August 12.
You may also want to watch:
Then on August 19 the Wississippi Jazzmen will take to the stage, before Sunnyside Jazz ends the season in style on August 26.
Cllr Peter Murphy, Fenland District Council’s portfolio holder for the environment, said: “There is no better way to spend a summer’s afternoon than enjoying live music in the bandstand in March’s much-loved West End Park.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Daughter remembers artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 8 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
“It’s a wonderful way to relax and experience the talent of local musicians. Just remember to bring along your chairs and picnics.”