Free condoms and chlamydia testing on offer at new weekly health stall on Wisbech Market Place
FREE condoms and chlamydia screening are just two of the services being offered at a new weekly health advice stall being run in Wisbech Market Place by NHS Cambridgeshire.
The Wisbech4Life market stall provides access to all areas of health and wellbeing, and visitors to the stall can also get a free health MOT.
Val Thomas, consultant in public health, at NHS Cambridgeshire said, “Wisbech4Life is our new scheme to help people in Wisbech easily access health and wellbeing information every week.
“It’s named by Wisbech residents, for Wisbech residents. The market stall has been providing stop smoking support which has been very successful. It is a step in the right direction to increase the remit of the market stall to cover all aspects of health. We want to make it as easy for people to find out about the steps they can take to keep as healthy and well as possible”
The stall operates every Thursday, from 8.30am to 3pm, and is run by NHS Cambridgeshire and Cambridgeshire’s MyTimeActive Health Trainer Service. The chlamydia screening will be available for young people between the ages of 15-24. Free condoms will be available from December, when the Cambridgeshire Condom Distribution Scheme; C-Card will be extended to the market stall.
You may also want to watch:
The stall will also provide information about local services, and help residents gain access to those services. There will also be some fun interactive displays. NHS Cambridgeshire hopes to features a different health topic every three weeks, as well as providing general information on a weekly basis.
For more information contact Sam Miller on email@example.com or Helen Denny on Helen.Denny@mytimehealth.co.uk.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March