Free dog health checks
MORE than 100 dog owners brought along their pets for free health checks when Fenland District Council s dog warden service played host to the People s Dispensary for Sick Animals (PDSA) in Fenland s four market towns. The health checks, which included we
MORE than 100 dog owners brought along their pets for free health checks when Fenland District Council's dog warden service played host to the People's Dispensary for Sick Animals (PDSA) in Fenland's four market towns.
The health checks, which included weighing the dogs, dietary advice, and how to be a responsible dog owner, proved hugely popular.
Dog owners also met Vanessa Castillo-Roman, the council's animal welfare officer, who took the opportunity to advise them about dog fouling and tell them about fixed penalty notices. Hundreds of free poop scoop bags were given out across the district.
The owners were also given a council dog information pack full of handy tips on looking after dogs. Those unable to get along to any of the events can pick up a dog information pack at any of the council's four Fenland @ Your Service Shops.
You may also want to watch:
Scot Evans, one of the PDSA officers said: "The turn-out in Fenland has been fantastic. Dog owners have been genuinely interested in our work in the community."
Councillor Peter Murphy, portfolio holder for Streets Ahead, said: "We were delighted to be given the opportunity to work alongside the PDSA in Fenland. We are keen to promote responsible ownership of dogs and events such as these are invaluable.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle