Free electric blanket exchange and other services on offer at upcoming Whittlesey Golden Age gathering
- Credit: Archant
Another group of older people has the chance to exchange their old electric blankets for new ones at a Golden Age gathering in Whittlesey this month.
The event is at St Andrew’s Hall in Parkinson Lane on November 17 (10am – 1pm). It will also feature a stall promoting the Whittlesey Emergency Food Aid project.
The blanket exchange will be the fourth organised by Fenland District Council and the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service (CFRS) this year. It follows successful events in Wisbech, Coates and Gorefield.
Anyone aged over 65 can take advantage of the offer. They are advised to turn up early as there is only a limited supply of the new blankets, which will be distributed on a first come, first served basis.
CFRS volunteers will also be giving general advice on fire safety but they will not be able to carry out checks on old blankets.
You may also want to watch:
A wide range of other organisations serving older people will also be taking part.
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept