FREE ENTRY: Cheer on the Hares as March Town Utd open doors for Ridgeons League clash
IN a brave move to increase the club’s attendances the board at March Town United will offer free entry to everyone for tomorrow’s top-six league clash.
A stunning 1,109 people packed the GER for the Hares FA Cup derby with Wisbech Town in September but attendances have plummeted since.
A Boxing Day crowd of 129 was the club’s highest home league attendance since 2007/08 - but March’s average gate this season is just 68.
Chairman Phil White said: “As a board we’ve tried everything to help crowds improve but now we’re opening the gates to everyone.
“Hopefully people will come and have a look because it’s free and we’ve only got a handful of home fixtures left.
You may also want to watch:
“The lads have done so well this season and as a board we thought what can we do to help them? Financially we can’t give them anything back but hopefully our gates might improve now.
“If we can pick up another 20/30 people regularly after Saturday we’ll be delighted. We’re just looking for the town to get behind the best side it’s had for years.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
Entry usually costs �4 for adults and �2 for concessions/children.