Free family fun day at Wisbech park
- Credit: Archant
Join in a free family fun day when an adventure playground at Wisbech celebrates National Play Day.
The event, on Wednesday August 5 is from 11am to 4pm and will feature a bouncy castle, giant slide and pillow fights.
The day is one of hundreds running nationwide as a celebration of children’s right and freedom to play.
There will be something for the whole family on the day including food, refreshments and ice cream available throughout the day.
Volunteers are still needed to help with the management and future of the playground.
You may also want to watch:
The play day is a great opportunity to come to the playground to find out what it’s all about.
Currently run by Cambridgeshire County Council, the playground’s managers are looking to expand and develop the roles played by the Friends of the Wisbech Adventure Playground, so the group can take on more responsibility for areas such as fundraising, community engagement and management of events at the playground.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
The County Council would work alongside the Friends, with a view to possibly letting them take on the governance of the playground at some point in the future.
Volunteering can be useful in helping individuals gain skills needed to gain employment, build confidence and develop experience professionally and personally.
Anyone interested should contact Reuben Francis at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sharron Wilding-Glendye at email@example.com.