Free Father’s Day card making at March market place
- Credit: Archant
CHILDREN are being encouraged to get crafty at a free art stall to make cards and badges for Father’s Day.
The Love Your Local Market campaign continues this Saturday (June 15) with some extra attractions at March market place to help families celebrate Father’s Day on Sunday.
Arty the Crafty Fox will be there for two hours from 11-1 offering young people the chance to make goodies for free, there will also be free strawberry tasting for adults and a free raffle to win fresh market produce.
Raffle tickets will be available from the craft stall, with the winners being drawn at 12.45pm.
The promotions are part of Fenland District Council’s continuing “Buy Local, Think Local, Eat Local” drive to boost footfall in the town.
You may also want to watch:
There will be more free strawberry tasting in March Market on Wednesday (June 19).
Other activities are being planned in markets across the district over the coming months. Watch out for the events calendar that will be available from stalls, libraries and town centre shops.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester