Free Fenland celery and free Newmarket sausages offer to chefs - providing they cook up a ‘celerybration’ dish!
- Credit: Archant
Free Fenland celery and free Newmarket sausages are on offer to local chefs – providing they use them to create local dishes for their menus.
The month long promotion has been put together by G’s Fresh and Powters Sausages.
The purpose of the month-long competition is to recognise and celebrate the Protected Geographic Indication (PGI) status that has been awarded to Fenland celery and Newmarket sausages.
Anthony Gardiner of G’s Fresh said: “Not many counties can boast two PGI status products so we think it’s high time we celebrate this.”
Each dish will be judged for its taste, presentation and the story behind the idea, by an anonymous panel.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gardiner said the winner will receive a trophy “be hailed an eminent PGI Hero and be placed firmly on the regional food map”.
Grant Powter, who produces Newmarket sausages, said: “We are encouraging everyone in the county to get involved.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
“If you’re a chef who wants to raise their profile the competition is open to you- and for consumers you can support our celebration of local produce by ordering the new dishes on chef’s menus.”
Closing date for entries is October 27 and upon entering, chefs will be provided free celery and sausages for a month.
Chefs that would like to enter the competition can download an entry form here: www.fenlandcelery.com or contact Jessica.Felton-Page@GS-Fresh.com.