Free health and safety advice for Fen businesses
- Credit: Archant
Businesses are being offered individual free health and safety advice amid figures that show 30 million working days are lost to workplace accidents every year in the UK.
The event on Wednesday April 26 offers 30 minute sessions to people.
A senior environmental health officer from Fenland District Council and a local member of the West Anglia Safety and Health group will be giving their professional advice at the Boathouse Business Centre in Wisbech.
In a personalised session, businesses will be offered advice on their health and safety management practices and how they could be improved.
Statistics from the Health and Safety Executive show that employers faced an estimated cost of 14 billion pounds because of accidents in the workplace in 2015/16.
You may also want to watch:
Nationally, 30 million working days were also lost due to workplace accidents.
These advice sessions will support businesses to remain compliant with health and safety law at their premises.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
Advice can be tailored toward particular areas of interest, with any sized business welcome to attend.
Attendees will also take away an information pack about good Health and Safety management practices.
Sessions are available between 1 to 5pm and will typically last half an hour. Booking is essential.
To reserve your place, contact the Environmental Health team on 01354 622492 or email email@example.com.