Free IT course to launch in Wisbech to help people with job hunting, Facebook and online shopping
- Credit: Archant
A free IT course to help people become more confident with computers is being launched in Fenland next week.
The five week Learn My Way course starts on January 16 at the Oasis Centre, Wisbech, between 1pm and 3pm.
The course could help people who are job hunting, with later sessions covering job searching and applying for vacancies online.
There is also a social side, with lessons on Facebook and online shopping.
The initiative has been developed by Cambridgeshire County Council and Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Learning Trust working together in partnership.
You may also want to watch:
Nyree Scott, project manager for Cambridgeshire County Council, said: “Learn My Way is ideal for anyone dipping their toe for the first time into the Internet and the world of computers.
“It also aims to help people who feel their computer skills are a bit rusty get back up to speed.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
“Don’t worry if you find computers daunting, this course is designed to be fun, informal and a tutor is on hand to help you every step of the way. It will cover key skills from using a mouse and browsing the web to using social media and shopping online.”
Cambridgeshire County Councillor David Harty said: “Adult learning is a priority for Cambridgeshire County Council. It’s important for people to learn key I.T. skills to help them find work, socialise with friends and track down the perfect gift by shopping online.”
Places are limited so booking is essential. To book a place contact Stephanie Smith on Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org or call either 0787 9115904 or 01354 75476