Charity stallholders who were rained out of this year’s March Summer Festival offered second chance to raise cash by Lions
- Credit: Archant
Charity stallholders who were washed out at this year’s sodden March Summer Fesitval have been offered a second chance.
March Lions are giving all charities a free space to trade in September in a bid to help them make up for their losses at the three-day festival.
The group is holding a charity fundraiser at the scout hall in Mill View on the morning of Saturday, September 21.
A spokesman for March Lions said: "Due to the dreadful wet and windy weather at March Lions Gala many local charities saw significantly lower than normal income.
"As a result, March Lions have hired the scout hall in Mill View for the morning of Saturday, September 21.
You may also want to watch:
"Charities who had stalls at the gala have been invited to run table-top stalls at the event.
"So, we would encourage the people of March to come along and support their local charities to ensure that they can continue to help more good causes.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
"Admission is free and refreshments will be available."