Free table tennis at Wisbech college campus is part of new fitness programme
FREE table tennis is now available at the Wisbech, Kings Lynn and Cambridge campuses of the College of West Anglia thanks to lottery funding.
Sport England’s Innovation Fund – provided by the National Lottery- believes outdoor table tennis is a key to getting students more physically active.
The tables are free to use with the aim that students play table tennis and those who wish to progress or take it up more seriously are directed to local clubs.
The project is run by students for students with student leaders being put through an England Table Tennis Level 1 coaching qualification.
Programme Manager for sport Tommy Goode said: “It is important that our students stay fit and healthy, the outdoor table tennis allows them to do this in a fun and relaxed way.
You may also want to watch:
“The project has seen good relationships develop with our partners and has given our students an opportunity to gain new qualifications and gain experience in project management. This a key attribute for anyone wanting to go into sports development”.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas