Bats, balls and free table tennis sessions in Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
Get ready to practice your best serve in table tennis as free weekly sessions are on offer in Whittlesey.
Ping in the Community is an initiative by the Table Tennis Association to get more people young or old involved.
The sessions have been organised by Peter Hau who is a top local coach, member of Whittlesey Table Tennis Club and member of the Whittlesey Sports Association.
Peter applied for a grant which included a brand new table with plenty of bats and balls to get the informal activity off the ground.
Whittlesey table tennis club is a non-profit organisation whose mission is to mentor and empower people from all walks of life.
You may also want to watch:
They take place on Monday mornings at the Whittlesey Christian Church from 11am to 1pm.
The Mayor of Whittlesey Councillor Julie Windle officially opened the first session.
For more details visit https://www.pingengland.co.uk/community/
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept