Bats, balls and free table tennis sessions in Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
Get ready to practice your best serve in table tennis as free weekly sessions are on offer in Whittlesey.
Ping in the Community is an initiative by the Table Tennis Association to get more people young or old involved.
The sessions have been organised by Peter Hau who is a top local coach, member of Whittlesey Table Tennis Club and member of the Whittlesey Sports Association.
Peter applied for a grant which included a brand new table with plenty of bats and balls to get the informal activity off the ground.
Whittlesey table tennis club is a non-profit organisation whose mission is to mentor and empower people from all walks of life.
You may also want to watch:
They take place on Monday mornings at the Whittlesey Christian Church from 11am to 1pm.
The Mayor of Whittlesey Councillor Julie Windle officially opened the first session.
For more details visit https://www.pingengland.co.uk/community/
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 3 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 6 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 9 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial