Free training for people in social care in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
People who work in care are being offered free training sessions.
The training is for personal assistants of people who need support with their social care and has been made possible by funding from Skills for Care.
A spokesman said: “The number of people employed in adult social care continues to be one of the biggest employment growth areas.
“The increase is attributable to many factors, one being the number of people who decide to employ their own carers or personal assistants, either through a direct payment funded by the local authority or privately.
“Many of these new employees are also new to working in social care and may benefit from this training, which would provide them with a basic understanding of the requirements of the personal assistant role - it can lead to many other career options, one of which is social work.”
You may also want to watch:
The interactive day is being delivered by Penderels Trust and Cambridgeshire Alliance for Independent Living (CAIL).
It will cover subjects like understanding your role, personal development, working in a person-centred way, communication, safeguarding opportunities, health and safety, handling information and an introduction to further training opportunities.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
It is seen as an invaluable opportunity for those new to working in adult social care as a personal assistant, as well as those that are experienced or needing a refresher.
The courses start on September 22 at various venues across the county. Reimbursement of travel and replacement care costs will be available, as well as refreshments.
• Tracey on 01284 592 418 between 10am and 2pm, Monday to Friday or firstname.lastname@example.org.