Freebie fans flock to Aldi’s golden ticket giveaway as Chatteris store officially opens
- Credit: Archant
Well over 100 people set their alarms extra early this morning to be in with a chance of winning one of Aldi’s golden ticket prizes.
A queue of freebie fans and bargain hunters arrived hours in advance of the Chatteris store’s 8am opening time, braving the cold weather, in the hope of getting their hands on a television, tablet, camera or some free bags of shopping.
The store, which officially opened this morning, even put up a gazebo and offered teas and coffees to the early risers – some who had set out deck chairs and kept themselves warm with blankets.
Neil Bullman took home the 40” HD TV star prize, with many others walking away with store products.
The store was opened by Team GB athlete Bradley Denny and store manager Vicky Jones.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “The turnout was fantastic. We hope the shoppers enjoyed our opening morning celebrations and I would like to thank everyone for their support.
“We are looking forward to supporting the 2nd Chatteris Scout Group and Chatteris in Bloom with donations in the coming weeks.”
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
Aldi also unveiled the winning poster from its school poster competition, created by Logan Brookes from Glebeland’s Primary School, who walked away with a tablet PC for his efforts.
The store, located on 99 Bridge Street, Chatteris, is open Monday to Saturday from 8am to 10pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm.