State of the art bikes at Fenland’s four leisure centres
- Credit: Archant
The four leisure centres in Fenland have 95 new hi tech exercise bikes that are said to rival top boutique cycling studios in London.
Freedom Leisure, the not-for-profit firm, which operates the four centres in the district on behalf of Fenland District Council, has invested more than £100,000 in the equipment.
The kit will relaunch the cycling studios at George Campbell Leisure Centre in March, Manor Leisure Centre in Whittlesey, the Hudson Leisure Centre in Wisbech and Chatteris Leisure Centre.
Andy Cornwell, centre manager, said: “The primary aim for this investment is to build upon our already established indoor cycling programme because indoor cycling has always been really popular in Fenland.
“The new, state-of-the-art, enhanced and unique experience will hopefully support both existing participants while also working to appeal to new customers to join us.
“As a leisure trust, Freedom Leisure exists to support local communities to be more active.
“Indoor cycling is a hugely accessible activity and this new kit makes it even more so. It means that people of all ages and abilities can join in, and that the studios can now be used by even more people.
- 1 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 4 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 5 Man charged following Peterborough murder
- 6 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 7 Honda, Seat and Toyota crashed on A141
- 8 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 9 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 10 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
“These are more than just new bikes. It’s the supporting software and classes which bring the experience alive.”
The bikes installed into the four centres are ICG bikes, which offer a digital experience matched with state-of-the-art technology and programming.