French flavour at a Wisbech festival that celebrates its twinning partnership with Arles
- Credit: Archant
A continental flavour came to Wisbech market place when the town held the Arles Festival to celebrate its twinning partnership with the French town.
A treasure hunt, face painting, exhibitions and street style hip hop dancing and stalls were among the attractions on a day that attracted more than 500 people.
Councillor David Hodgson, of the Arles Twinning Association, said: “The first festival was to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the association which was set up in 1964.
“It gets bigger and better, it’s a great outdoor town centre activity for families in the summer.
“Nine Lives Theatre Company whose dancers performed as part of the event were excellent.”
You may also want to watch:
School children were invited to design a poster for the event and all of the entries were displayed during the day.
Winner of the treasure hunt competition was 14 year old Rachael Stimpson.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'