French twin town students are looking for work placements in Wisbech for four weeks. Can you help?
- Credit: Archant
Work placements are needed for French students to come to Wisbech for four weeks in January next year.
It is hoped that another business partnership can see success in the town with a plea to find the month long placements for students from the twin town of Arles.
Costa Coffee has agreed to take a student and organisers are hoping that other businesses will jump at the chance too.
There are still five placements needed for young people aged between 16 and 18 for the placement starting from January 11 next year.
The position is unpaid and the only requirement from the employer is to fill in a short work placement report at the end of the programme.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Smith commented: “Wisbech has been twinned with Arles for 51 years and this is a great way of uniting the two towns.”
Work is also underway to secure placements for Wisbech students to have the opportunity to work in Arles.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
If you are interested in providing a student work placement, please contact secretary of the Twining Club, Noémie Neighbour on 07904 242844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Roy Claxton, chairman, on 07748 980019 or email email@example.com.