Fresh, locally-sourced dishes on offer at The Exchange Tea Parlour & Bistro
- Credit: Archant
The Exchange Tea Parlour & Bistro, located in Market Place, is bringing a touch of class to March.
“We want it to have a homely feel,” says assistant manager Georgia Winslow of its revamped new-look.
“Somewhere that friends, couples and colleagues can come and have a few cocktails, a bottle of wine or a meal; like a night out, but where conversations are still possible.”
Light lunches, homemade cakes - chocolate, victoria and lemon - fresh scones and afternoon teas are on offer at the bistro during the day.
Meanwhile, affordable sharing starters like cheeseboards and olives feature on the evening menu, as well as a range of main courses and a tempting selection of deserts.
You may also want to watch:
“The food is fresh, homemade and locally-sourced,” adds sous chef Gareth Buckle. “The Exchange offers people the chance to experience fresh food, cooked to the highest quality possible, which you rarely get elsewhere locally.”
With six front-of-house staff and a three-person kitchen team, including a Michelin-trained head chef who formerly worked at Midsummer House, Cambridge, the Exchange offers an impressive collection of sumptuous dishes.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
It prides itself on its extensive range of wines, gins, beers and cocktails, all picked by an experienced merchant.
Among the feedback The Exchange has received so far, people have said “this is something that March needs”.
The tea parlour opens from 9.30am till 4pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, whilst on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays it flows into a bookings-only bistro and wine bar at 6pm after opening as a tea parlour in the morning.
The Exchange, which closes on Sundays and Mondays, can also cater for parties, staff training days and business lunches in its function room.
Search The Exchange Tea Parlour & Bistro on Facebook or visit www.theexchangebistro.co.uk for more information. To reserve a table, please call 01354 650035.