Fresh pride in Parson Drove
STREET Pride is catching on all over Fenland. Residents of Parson Drove are the latest to follow in the footsteps of Whittlesey and Chatteris by forming their own Street Pride group. The group has already set dates for community clear-up events and has be
STREET Pride is catching on all over Fenland. Residents of Parson Drove are the latest to follow in the footsteps of Whittlesey and Chatteris by forming their own Street Pride group.
The group has already set dates for community clear-up events and has been busy identifying enviro-crime hotspots in the village.
The Parson Drove Street Pride group will be working with Fenland District Council to improve the local environment in a variety of ways. It will be holding an environmental action day, litter picks and reporting enviro crime seen in the village and plans to engage residents and community groups in improving the local environment for all.
To help it on its way, Fenland Council has provided the group with a litter picking kit, which includes litter pickers, gloves, sacks and high visibility vests.
You may also want to watch:
The Parson Drove Street Pride group will hold its first litter pick tomorrow at the village green and surrounding areas. If you would like to join in, meet at the Cage, near the Swan Inn, at 10am for a couple of hours' rewarding community action.
The group's next meeting will be on Thursday June 21 (7.30pm) at the Cage. Anyone interested in improving the local environment of Parson Drove is welcome to attend.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
For more information, please contact Jo Hart, Street Pride co-ordinator, on 01354 602163.