Friday Bridge Fish Bar wins award for Cambridgeshire’s tastiest chips
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland chip bar has been chosen as having the tastiest chips in Cambridgeshire.
Friday Bridge Fish Bar, of Main Road, triumphed in the ‘Best Chippy Chips’ Cambridgeshire category at the Choice Chip Awards.
Co-owner Lindsey De Oliveira, who runs the chippy with her husband Fernando, said: “We are thrilled and delighted to have won this award. We would like to thank everyone who voted for us.
“We will strive to keep our chips, which are sourced from good quality Fenland potatoes, the best in Cambridgeshire.”
The couple, who have run the fish and chips shop for the past 14 years, will not rest on their laurels.
You may also want to watch:
They are introducing a loyalty card this week as a way to reward their customers.
When you spend £8 or more, you get a stamp - five stamps will get you a free portion of chips and 10 will get you a free portion of fish and chips.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
The awards are run by the Potato Council to mark Chip Week 2014, which runs to the end of the week.
Caroline Evans, of the Potato Council, said: “Britain is truly a nation of chip lovers and Chip Week is a fantastic celebration of our great food tradition.”