Fridge freezer causes blaze at a Whittlesey home

Fire engine.

Fire engine. - Credit: Archant

Crew in two fire engines were called to a house fire in Whittlesey.

One crew from Whittlesey and one crew from Stanground were called to the fire on Stonald Avenue in Whittlesey at about 1.40pm on Monday (December 9).

Firefighters arrived to find a fridge freezer unit on fire in a shed.

They extinguished it using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 2.35pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter