Fridges set on fire on open track in Wisbech
- Credit: Hollie Gooda
A LARGE number of fridges were set on fire in Wisbech yesterday.
A crew from Wisbech was called to a fire in Walton Road, Wisbech, at 5.15pm.
They discovered the blazing fridges on a track located off the main road.
Firefighters used hose reels to extinguish the fire and returned to their station by 5.40pm.
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “We were alerted to a large number of fridges left on a track off the road.
You may also want to watch:
“We do not know if they were dumped there or who left them there.
“But we do believe the fire was started deliberately.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
Anyone with information should contact the police on 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111, or by logging onto www.crimestoppers-uk.org