Friends of Tillery Field Appeal
A FEW years ago a small group of friends commenced to improve the small former cemetery of St Peter’s and St Pauls, Church in Wisbech.
Our intention was to make it a pleasant and open green space for all, and to encourage a haven for wildlife in a busy Fenland Market Town. Along with respecting it is a consecrated burial ground.
The area has an interesting history as the field was purchased by the Reverend Canon Henry Fardell, in 1828 as the parish required a new burial ground.
Along with many Towns and Cities in the British Isles, a cholera epidemic happened in Wisbech in 1832, and many of the victims are buried here.
Tillery Field is still owned by the Church of England, and is maintained by the Parks and Leisure Department of Fenland District Council.
You may also want to watch:
Over the last several months a great deal of improvement has been undertaken, with the pathway improvements and new gates have been installed, along with new and improved lighting, coming soon.
As a member of the Friends, I am writing to ask if you would consider sponsoring Tillery Field by donating a Bird/Bat Nesting Box, or even Hedge Hog nesting Box, so we can encourage more wildlife to this quiet green space, any donation would of course be very much appreciated from your Readers.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 3 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 7 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 8 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
I can be contacted on 07866343969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest; I would encourage you to have a visit to the area if you have opportunity.
DAVID A EDWARDS
Please address any correspondence to 29 Prince Street, Wisbech, PE13 2AY
email@example.com Telephone 07866343969