From steak to pasta- popular Littleport restaurant closes for a few days to undergo an Italian transformation
- Credit: Archant
Littleport Steakhouse closed on Saturday – but not for long as it will re-open, on February 8, as an Italian restaurant.
The Ely Road venue is set to become GGs Italian Restaurant with fresh pasta made daily on site by a couple who previously ran a successful restaurant in Tuscany.
Casey Yendle, director, said: “Littleport Steakhouse has been operating successfully for just shy of four years.
“In the last two years we have opened three more steak houses and the Pancake and Waffle Shack near Mildenhall.
“We as a family, and our amazing team around us, needed to make a decision moving forward. Do we go with our hearts and revamp the restaurant, or go with our heads and do something completely different?”
You may also want to watch:
Casey said: “We have searched the UK and abroad for chefs that can cook authentic, simple, homemade and fresh Italian.
“We believe we have employed the most incredible husband and wife team to take on the challenge all the way from Italy.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
Antonello and Natalia together owned and operated a Tuscany restaurant.
Antonello will be preparing fresh pasta daily and has worked along side executive chef Nic to produce an exciting and affordable menu for all, she said.
“We are all excited about the new beginning and look forward to seeing all our customers old and new soon.”