From Wisbech to Westminster - how an Elgood’s beer made it way into the Strangers’ bar of the House of Commons
- Credit: Archant
Elgood and Sons of Wisbech raised a glass of its popular seasonal ale Buzz Light Beer at Westminster after NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay selected it as guest ale in the Strangers Bar of the House of Commons.
The beer, a 4% abv honey golden ale with Pale Ale Malt and English Sovereign hops, was enjoyed by the many MPs and other parliamentarians for whom the Strangers’ Bar is effectively their ‘local’.
Elgood’s MD, Belinda Sutton and Head Brewer Alan Pateman made the journey to London to toast the beer’s success.
Mr Barclay said: “Elgood’s is a real asset to our constituency, brewing wonderful craft beers, providing jobs for local people and supporting other businesses including the pubs that are at the heart of our local communities.”
Ms Sutton said “We’re very proud of our beers and this was a great opportunity to spread the word about them beyond our usual area of trading.”
You may also want to watch:
“We’d love to think that a pint of Buzz may have inspired some of our politicians to dream up ground-breaking new policies!”
Buzz Light Beer was made available in the Strangers’ Bar as part of a scheme run by the All-Party Parliamentary Beer Group and the Society of Independent Brewers, to which Elgood’s belongs.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend