Eye catching fountain is frozen in time
- Credit: Rob Skoulding
Anyone who has stepped outside today – for exercise, shopping or simply to check the air – will know just how cold it is.
But the freezing temperatures have at least two enthusiasts – Garry Harradine and his wife Sally.
For they know that with a few days of continuous near zero or sub-zero temperatures he can expect a minor miracle of nature to perform itself on his wrought iron garden foundation.
“Our fountain has slowly grown with the cold weather and we wish to share these lovely photos with you and your readers,” he says.
Garry built the fountain himself and each winter, sometimes for just a day, sometimes for longer, it explodes into a cacophony of wonder as the water from the fountain freezes in mid flow.
You may also want to watch:
It is a spectacular site.
For those whose daily exercise walk allows it, you can see it for yourself in the Avenue, March.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 6 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
- 7 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 8 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 9 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 10 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
You can’t, as they say, miss it.
Rob Skoulding, former mayor, who took some of the photos, said: “It is stunning to see.”