Eye catching fountain is frozen in time
- Credit: Rob Skoulding
Anyone who has stepped outside today – for exercise, shopping or simply to check the air – will know just how cold it is.
But the freezing temperatures have at least two enthusiasts – Garry Harradine and his wife Sally.
For they know that with a few days of continuous near zero or sub-zero temperatures he can expect a minor miracle of nature to perform itself on his wrought iron garden foundation.
“Our fountain has slowly grown with the cold weather and we wish to share these lovely photos with you and your readers,” he says.
Garry built the fountain himself and each winter, sometimes for just a day, sometimes for longer, it explodes into a cacophony of wonder as the water from the fountain freezes in mid flow.
You may also want to watch:
It is a spectacular site.
For those whose daily exercise walk allows it, you can see it for yourself in the Avenue, March.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 4 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 7 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
You can’t, as they say, miss it.
Rob Skoulding, former mayor, who took some of the photos, said: “It is stunning to see.”