Fuming mad- March fans who discovered bookies lengthened odds on FA Cup derby replay
FURIOUS March fans are planning to hit the bookies where it hurts the most by defying the odds being offered on tonight’s ‘do or die’ replay at Wisbech.
On Saturday and despite being the underdogs, March was given odds of 15-8 on a win but after the match was drawn and a replay set for tonight at least one bookie lengthened the odds to 9-2.
It means Wisbech – who were evens in Saturday’s clash- are now firmly established as 8/15 favourite with at least one Fenland bookie.
As FA Cup Fen derby fever continues to grip the area Coral and Ladbrokes’ betting shops in March and Wisbech are once again offering odds on the outcome of the game.
A spokesman for Coral said their March store took around 20 bets on Saturday’s clash but no punters had placed money on a draw.
You may also want to watch:
They are offering odds of a Wisbech victory tonight at 8/15, a March win at 9/2 and a draw (all results in normal time) at 23/10.
Ladbrokes have already taken bets this morning and are offering the following prices: Wisbech (4/9), March (9/2) and the draw (3/1).
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 4 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 5 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Man who emailed Angela Rayner felt she was 'partially responsible' for death of Sir David Amess
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
Both bookmakers confirmed they will take scorecast predictions and special bets on request.
Tonight’s winners will earn �1,500 prize money and a home tie against Wroxham in the next round on September 17.
One March fan is so awestruck by tonight’s clash he has sent a tweet to the FA asking if tonight’s England v Wales clash “can be postponed until tomorrow
as it clashes with the Wisbech Town FA Cup replay with March”.
Teilo Pearce, a March Town United fan, wrote on Facebook site set up especially for the derby that “it is a bit quiet on here. Did Wisbech not win on Saturday?”
March Town United player Lewis Cook said on Twitter that he “loved it, loved it” in reference to the Saturday game. “ If anyone wants to know where Callum
Reed is he is in my pocket”.
Jonny Pearce, a Wisbech Town fan, was in musical spirits on Facebook with “I’d rather be a Fenmen than a Hare, I’d rather be a Fenmen than a Hare, oh I’d rather be a Fenmen, rather be a Fenmen, rather be a Fenmen than a Hare!!!!”
March fan James Bradshaw hopes he had the last word: “I should think Wisbech see Saturday’s game as three points dropped.”
Tonight’s game kicks-off at 7.45pm at Wisbech’s Elgood’s Fenland Stadium on Lynn Road. Entry costs �6 for adults and �4 for children and concessions