Fun and flypasts in store at this year’s Whittlesey Festival
- Credit: Archant
A flypast, the Romford Drum and Trumpet Corp and a vintage vehicle display are a snippet of what’s in store at this year’s Whittlesey Festival.
The ever-popular event returns to the town’s Market Square on Sunday September 10 and promises a host of entertainment – beginning with a spectacular musical parade at 9.45am.
Also on offer is a performance from the Peterborough Highland Pipe Band, puppet shows – including workshops for youngsters – and dance displays.
As ever, the festival’s vintage vehicle show is set to showcase over 100 of the region’s finest classic cars, including a 1920s Morris Oxford Cabriolet and Austins and Fords more than 60 years old.
A festival spokesman said: “We really hope you can join us on the day. With so many people and groups from the local and surrounding communities coming together, we are confident this will be an event not to be missed.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact Brian Smithyman on 01733 752093.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home