Fun day for Macmillan to take place at Rosmini Centre in memory of Wisbech woman who lost battle with lung cancer
- Credit: Archant
A man has set up a fun day in memory of his late mother who lost her battle with lung cancer two years ago.
Andrew Veal, of Redwing Drive, Wisbech, is putting on the fun day at The Rosmini Centre on Saturday, August 9 from noon-5pm in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
There will be live music, a bouncy castle, refreshments stall, car boot sale, warzone lazer combat games and more.
Mr Veal’s mother Susan was diagnosed with lung cancer in October 2011 and died eight months later.
Mr Veal said: “Macmillan Cancer Support is very close to my heart as the day centre in Wisbech took excellent care of my mum. The event is in her memory.
You may also want to watch:
“With the help of family and friends, we hope to raise the most amount of money possible for such a worthy cause and hopefully the sun might shine too.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache