Fun dog show on Easter Sunday at Walton Highway - with a chance to win a spa day for two
- Credit: Archant
Bring out your pets for a fun dog show to raise money for an animal charity - and be in with chance to win a spa day for two in their grand raffle.
Ricky Coster is arranging another of his poplar shows to bring in funds for abandoned dogs in Spain.
The latest is at Walton Highway Village Hall on Easter Sunday, April 16 from 11am to about 3pm.
“Ricky said: “Thanks to all the generous people donating and everyone coming along having fun we have raised more than £1,000 for the dogs which is great.”
The shows raise money for Galgos Del Sol and there will be range of 14 classes which include pedigree, fancy dress, veteran and crossbreed.
“Come along, have fun and help a really good cause at the same time,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
The show is the second of 2017 for Ricky who ran a series of successful fund raisers for Galgos Del Sol throughout 2016.
The grand raffle is for a spa break for two at Eden Hall. Tickets cost £2 a strip.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
• Galgos Del Sol was founded by Tina Solera. She said: “In 2007, my family and I moved from the UK to Murcia, Spain. I spent my time raising our two toddlers, training for triathalons and acclimating to a new culture.
“One day, however, I came face to face with a stray galgo looking for help. It’s hard to explain the connection that I felt but when he looked at me with his soulful eyes and stretched out that needle nose, I knew my life had changed forever.
“Galgos del Sol is now responsible for over 100 galgos and additional podencos and mixed breeds.”
It is a licensed charity in Spain the UK and US.