Fun dog show raises money for Flyball sport team from March to get to Crufts 2018
- Credit: Archant
A fun dog show and family day is coming to March to help raise funds for a local sporting team to get to Crufts next year.
Fenland Firestorm Flyball Club are holding the event on Sunday October 15 from 10 to 5pm at Flagrass Hill.
The club has reached the flyball finals at Crufts in March 2018 for the first time and are fund raising to help get Fenland on the map!
The fun dog show will have plenty of classes for dogs of all breeds, ages, shapes and sizes to enter and fun activities for children.
There will also be cakes, drinks and drinks in the event sponsored by Emma’s Posh Paws.
You may also want to watch:
Flyball racing sees two teams of four dogs each, racing side-by-side over a 51 foot long course.
There are different tournament formats but each format involves racing between two teams at a time. Within a team, each dog must run over the jumps, trigger a flyball box releasing a ball, retrieve the ball and then return over the jumps.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
The next dog then takes part, in relay fashion.