Fun for all the family at this year’s Wisbech Christmas lights switch on ceremony
HUNDREDS of new LED Christmas lights and an impressive 25-foot Christmas tree will add to the glitz of the occasion when Wisbech’s Christmas lights are switched on next Friday.
The Mayor, Councillor Vivien MacRae, is due to flick the switch on Friday November 30 at 6.30pm, after a full civic procession led by Vivien, the 1932 vintage fire engine.
Wisbech Town Council has added an extra �3,000 to its �10,000 budget this year – so the lights are expected to be even more spectacular as Wisbech is lit for the festive season,
Father Christmas, supported by Wisbech Lions, will accompany the Mayor, and the Wisbech Town Team has organised a Christmas movie countdown, snow machines, panto frolics, and traditional Christmas carols from 4.30pm.
The extravaganza of festivities captures the tradition and the excitement of Christmas for hundreds of children and their families, with thousands of visitors expected to join in the fun.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a fairground set up in the Market Place in the afternoon with lots of rides and fun for all. Wisbech Lions will help Father Christmas hand out sweets to children from 6.30pm, kindly donated by Wisbech Lions. Free mince pies will be handed out to visitors, donated by Asda, the Co-op, Morrison’s, and Tesco.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder