Fun for free at activity day in newly renamed Wisbech leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
A host of free fun activities are on offer later this month at the newly rebranded New Vision Fitness leisure centre in Wisbech.
The centre, previously called the Hudson, is staging an open day on January 25, 9.30am-4pm ,to showcase all its facilities.
The day will also include a charity fundraising event.
Children’s activities will include Mini Mites, a bouncy castle and Balanceability cycling classes as well as two 90-minute sessions in the soft play area.
The gym will be open all day for tours giving people the chance to see the new equipment installed there and take a quick health MOT.
You may also want to watch:
The sensory room will be open for five hours and there’ll be an hour-long casual swimming session in the pool.
In the afternoon the council’s leisure staff will be running a charity fitness event to raise money for Maddie Kilby, a five-year-old girl with autism from Parson Drove.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
All the money raised will go towards buying aids for her development and a mobility pushchair.
Councillor Pop Jolley, FDC’s Cabinet member responsible for leisure, said: “We hope lots of people will come along to see what the revamped centre has to offer. There’ll be something there for everyone to enjoy throughout the day and it’s all free.
“There’s also a chance for people to do their little bit to get a young girl some of the help she needs.”
Also at the day will be sessions in Zumba, Rave, Body Attack, Legs, Bums and Tums, and Bootcamp, as well as a raffle and cakes for sale. Tickets cost £5 and are available from the centre.