Fund raising challenge in Wisbech raises money to beat poverty in coffee growing communities
- Credit: Archant
A four month charity challenge has raised £620 to beat poverty in coffee growing communities.
An employee at Costa Coffee in the Horsefair Shopping Centre has spent the past four months working hard to raise money for the Costa Foundation.
Tina Skyles, who works in the coffee shop chain, used a variety of fund raising techniques, like selling special charity products as well as arranging various in-store events.
The Costa Foundation is an independent charity that aims to relieve poverty in coffee-growing communities.
Its mission is to improve the life chances of boys and girls by providing them with the opportunity for a quality education. Foundation schools deliver academic and extracurricular programmes that enhance health, gender equality and environmental awareness.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Smith, centre manager of the Horsefair, said: “I often hear shoppers comment on the fantastic team that Costa have here, this achievement is another great credit to them.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital