Fund-raising concert to be staged for distinguished Wisbech musician who suffered brain haemorrhage
- Credit: Archant
A CONCERT in aid of a distinguished Wisbech musician who is recovering from a life-threatening brain haemorrhage is being staged next month,
William Missin, a full-time member of the world-renowned ensemble, The Sixteen, taught at Wisbech Grammar School with his wife before he suffered a cerebral haemorrhage which left him hospital-bound for almost a year.
The talented musician also led Ramsey Choral Society for four years.
The concert, which will take place at St Peter and St Paul’s Church in Wisbech on Saturday April 27, will include a performance of Vivaldi’s ‘Gloria’ and choruses from Handel’s ‘Messiah’.
A previous concert for Mr Missen was staged at New College, Oxford, where a 160-strong choir of friends, singing colleagues and a large contingent from Ramsey conducted by the college’s director of music, professor Edward Higginbottom, performed evensong.
You may also want to watch:
His wife, Jane Missin, who is the assistant director of music at the school, said: “I have been overwhelmed by the kindness and support of friends and colleagues.”
The rehearsal, led by Angus Davidson, runs from 2pm to 5.45pm, with the concert starting at 7pm.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
Admission to the performance is free, but a £10 donation is suggested.
Anyone wishing to reserve a place in the workshop should telephone June Green on 01487 813562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .