Sally holds a music night to raise money for her entrance fee to a 24 hour hike for mental health charity
- Credit: Archant
An Upwell woman has decided that if the Royals can do it then so can she and is set for a gruelling charity hike.
Sally Fawkes is set to complete Mind Hike, the Eden Project 2018, which is a challenging 24 hour, 40 mile hike around Cornwalls stunning countryside and coastline.
She will be raising money for the national mental health charity and is staging a concert with March Brass 2000 at Three Holes Village Hall at 7pm on April 28 to help raise the necessary £690 sponsorship.
Sally said “Many and any of us could suffer from mental ill health during our lives and it’s so sad that these illnesses are still misunderstood and virtually taboo.
“I feel it is really important to help build awareness of the work that Mind is doing to change this.
You may also want to watch:
“Knowing the money I raise will be used to improve the lives of people living with mental health problems throughout the UK is amazing.”
Sally, a care worker and home help, is carrying on her Bridgefoot family tradition for charity fund raising.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
For the last 20 years she has been a member of the Wisbech MacMillan Group and also supports the Upwell Royal British Legion and several other local community causes.
March Brass 2000 will be playing a programme of popular old and new tunes and everyone is urged to come, enjoy the music and support a very good cause.
March Brass 2000 changed its name in the millennium year from the Railway Silver Prize Band and is now in its 127th year.
• Tickets cost £10, will include a buffet supper, and are available in advance from Sally 01945 351225, Rita 01945 772236, Peter 01354 654705 or Sue 01945 772824 or on the door on the night. To donate online www.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/make-a-donation.