Fundraising couple from March to hold charity ball for honeymoon trek in Peru
- Credit: Archant
A couple from March who are set to trek the ancient Inca highway in Peru are on the way to reaching their fundraising target.
Joanne Anderson-Wenn, 34, and Paul Wenn, 46, will trek to Machu Picchu this September to raise money for the Alzheimer's Society.
The pair recently completed two major training walks up the Helvellyn mountain in the Lake District and Snowdon in Wales.
This Saturday (July 27) the pair will be holding their charity ball, sponsored by Smurfit Kappa, at the GER club.
Jo will wear her wedding dress for one last time before it's donated to charity.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "We have so far raised 94 per cent of the £7000 needed which has now secured our place on the trek and will be going for our jabs this week.
"Our charity ball is £15 a ticket to be brought in advance and includes a glass of prosecco on arrival, hog roast dinner, take your own picture photo prop station and live music from 60s and 70s Party Band Three of a Kind.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
"Anything you would wear to a party or special occasion is very welcome but I would love it anyone else wanted to wear their wedding dress too."
To book tickets search Joanne Anderson-Wenn on Facebook, text 07742858094 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A kid's disco party will also be taking place at the GER on the August 3 from 2pm to 5pm.
It will cost £2 per child with face painting, bingo and raffle all available on the day at an extra cost.
Jo added: "Thank you to all those who has supported us so far at our fitness event and darts day, thanks to Emma Emery for organising a bake sale at Westwood, Phoebe who is doing an eight hour sponsored spin at The Hudson on August 31 and Tina Rust for collecting donations at her Slimming World groups in Wisbech and Terrington."