Donations from Fenland fundraising events for Macmillan
- Credit: Archant
A series of fundraising events in Fenland raised nearly £2,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Chatteris Working Men's Club held a tombola and raised £1,000 on October 24 - while another £300 was added to the total from a personal donation by Mr Coulson.
Two days later there was an afternoon of music by a local singer Bondy who gave two hours of free entertainment.
The event was hosted by Cassanos owner Kevin McCourt who also provided the venue free of charge.
Almost £440 was raised in total from raffle, collection box and donations for cakes and savouries.
You may also want to watch:
Another £482.15 was also raised by the George Campbell Leisure Centre from event and collection tin.
Linda Gill, from the March, Chatteris and District group, said: "The fundraising committee wish to thanks all those who have organised, donated and attended events including the numerous coffee mornings that have taken place in the district over the last couple of months.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 9 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
"Well done and thanks again for your sterling work."