Donations from Fenland fundraising events for Macmillan
- Credit: Archant
A series of fundraising events in Fenland raised nearly £2,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Chatteris Working Men's Club held a tombola and raised £1,000 on October 24 - while another £300 was added to the total from a personal donation by Mr Coulson.
Two days later there was an afternoon of music by a local singer Bondy who gave two hours of free entertainment.
The event was hosted by Cassanos owner Kevin McCourt who also provided the venue free of charge.
Almost £440 was raised in total from raffle, collection box and donations for cakes and savouries.
You may also want to watch:
Another £482.15 was also raised by the George Campbell Leisure Centre from event and collection tin.
Linda Gill, from the March, Chatteris and District group, said: "The fundraising committee wish to thanks all those who have organised, donated and attended events including the numerous coffee mornings that have taken place in the district over the last couple of months.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 7 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 8 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 9 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 10 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers
"Well done and thanks again for your sterling work."